At Tulemar Resort we love to celebrate the sloths living in our trees. This year for International Sloth Day we’ve compiled 5 fun facts about our two- and three-toed friends.
- Sloths sleep up to 20 hours a day, and despite all the rest…
- … sloths are the world’s slowest animal.
- Three-toed sloths are vegetarians with a diet consisting of leaves, shoots, and fruit.
- Sloths hang from trees with their claws which function as hooks so they don’t have to use muscle power.
- The facial features of three-toed sloths make them look like they’re always smiling!
If you’re interested in learning more about sloths, we recommend the Sloth Walk here at Tulemar with The Sloth Institute. Happy Sloth Day!