To visit our resort you will need to fly into San Jose, Costa Rica. From there you have many options! We can arrange transportation anywhere within country whether you want to fly or use ground transportation. We also realize that many guests will need to stay a night in San Jose upon landing in, or leaving Costa Rica.
As you’re planning the details of your stay, we invite you to call us at 1-800-518-0831. We’d be happy to assist with any arrangements to make your stay as easy and enjoyable as possible!
* Quepos Airport Closed for Maintenance *
Please note that the Quepos La Managua Airport will be undergoing maintenance from Oct.8, 2017 to Jan.6, 2018. Please contact our office to arrange for private ground transportation if traveling during these dates.
- Private Ground Transportation (Recommended): Tulemar Resort’s staff can set up a private driver for your transfers to and from San Jose. A one way trip is $180 for 1 to 5 people, and $10 for each additional person. Please contact us at [email protected] to arrange this service, or receive a price for larger groups.
- Commercial Flights: There are commercial flights between San Jose to Quepos and they are approximately a 25-minute flight. Flights can be booked directly at Nature Air. Additionally, Tulemar Resort’s staff can arrange for ground transportation from the Quepos airport to our luxurious Manuel Antonio villas, approximately a 10-15 minute drive. The cost for ground transportation from the airport is $30 for 1 – 4 people, $5 for each additional person.
- Private Charters: Private charters are available from San Jose to Quepos. Please contact Tulemar Resort for current pricing and assistance.
- Renting a vehicle: Rental cars are available at the San Jose airport. If you choose to drive, the Tulemar Resort reservations department can arrange reservations for this as well. Please note that if you are not familiar with the roads in Costa Rica, self-driving to Manuel Antonio may take 3+ hours. Our address is Tulemar Resort at Tulemar Gardens, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica.
- International Connections: If your international connections require that you spend a night in San Jose before reaching our Tulemar Resort, we would be happy to arrange hotel reservations either in downtown San Jose or at the airport if you have an early morning flight to Quepos or an international destination.
HIGHWAY/SURFACE ROADS (about 2 ½ – 3 hours):
Upon exiting the main terminal of Juan Santa Maria International Airport, take a left. Continue past the gas station and take your second right. Stay on this road for about one mile until you reach a small bridge, followed almost immediately by an intersection. At this intersection take a left and continue on this road until you reach another intersection with signs indicating COYOL to your right and GUACIMA to your left. Veer left towards GUACIMA and turn right at the first road you see following a new sign for TURRUCARES. Continue on this road for approximately two miles until you reach a turnabout leading towards the highway. Follow the signs to OROTINA AND ATENAS. Once you’ve arrived in OROTINA follow the signs to JACO (about an hour’s drive). You will pass the TARCOLES RIVER and CARARA PARK (where you can stop to observe the river’s resident crocodiles). When you reach JACO stay on the main road (do not turn off into the village) and continue straight into PARRITA, the last major town you will see before reaching QUEPOS (about ½ hour drive).
Once you arrive in “downtown” QUEPOS, turn left past the small park and drive up the mountain road towards MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL PARK. You simply cannot get lost here as this is the only street leading towards the beach area. You will not continue all the way to the park, but rather make a right at the point where the hill starts descending (Pacifico Colonial will be on your right and Victoria’s Restaurant on your left.) At the turn you will see a large wall sign for Condominios Tulemar. You have arrived in paradise. Welcome!
SCENIC ROUTE THROUGH ATENAS (about 3 ½ hours):
When departing Juan Santamaria International Airport, follow the signs heading north-west on the Pan-American Highway. After several miles you will come upon a si gn for ATENAS-OROTINA-JACO Take a left and follow the scenic mountain road. Once you hit OROTINA follow the signs to JACO (about an hour and ½ drive). You will pass the TARCOLES RIVER and CARARA PARK (where you can stop to observe the river’s resident crocodiles). When you reach JACO stay on the main road (do not exit into the village) and continue straight into PARRITA, the last major town before arriving in QUEPOS (about ½ hour drive).
From “downtown” QUEPOS, turn left past the small park and drive up the hill towards MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL PARK. You simply cannot get lost as this is the only road from Quepos to Manuel Antonio! You will NOT continue all the way to the park. You will not continue all the way to the park, but rather make a right turn at the point where the hill starts descending (Pacifico Colonial will be on your right and Victoria’s Restaurant on your left.) At the turn you will see a large wall sign for Condominios Tulemar. You have arrived in paradise. Welcome!