We have implemented numerous enhanced measures to ensure a safe and relaxing stay for our guests. We invite you learn more about those initiatives, as well as Costa Rica’s current entry requirements below.
We appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you to the Tulemar Resort Hotel soon!
Costa Rica Entry Guidelines
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, please review Costa Rica’s entry requirements before beginning your travels.
Details can be found at the following link:
COVID-19 Testing for Your Trip Home
We recommend that guests review their nation’s entry requirements before beginning their travels.
Our concierges are happy to schedule convenient onsite testing for guests prior to their trip home.
ONSITE TESTING OPTIONS
Antigen rapid tests cost $70.
Results are received within 16 hours.
These meet the entry requirements for many nations,
including the United States.
PCR tests cost $140.
Results are received within 24-32 hours.
These meet the entry requirements for many nations,
* It is the guest’s responsibility to provide us with accurate details of the COVID-19 test required by your nation.
Costa Rica Health Pass
Visitors to Costa Rica are required to complete a digital Health Pass application. The application can only be completed within 72 hours leading up to your arrival in Costa Rica. A Health Pass application must be completed by every traveler, including minors. This information is only used by the Costa Rican government and has no association with Tulemar Resort.
The Health Pass application can be completed at the following link: https://salud.go.cr/
From August 1, 2021, travelers who are fully vaccinated with Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson can enter the country without a travel policy. The last dose of the vaccine must have been applied at least 14 days before arrival in Costa Rica.
Vaccinated tourists must attach the vaccination certificate to the Health Pass application. Vaccination records must contain at least the following information:
Name of the person who received the vaccine
Date of each dose
In the case of U.S. travelers, the CDC COVID-19 vaccination record card will be accepted.
Start Your Vacation!
Once your entry requirement have been fulfilled and you arrive in Costa Rica it is time to start your vacation! The well-being of our guests has always been of the utmost importance, and as such, we have undertaken significant efforts to ensure that your vacation will be as relaxing and worry-free as always.
Set in the world famous 33-acre Tulemar Gardens, the Tulemar Resort Hotel is set in a lush rainforest overlooking the world-renowned Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort offers incredible gardens, a myriad of walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the only exclusive sandy beach in the region. While there is plenty of room to spread out and enjoy our many amenities, masks are required in our indoor public areas, as well as in our restaurants prior to being seated. We also ask that guests practice social distancing throughout their stay. Masks are not required in outdoor spaces, on trails, around pools, or at the beach (as long as social distancing can be maintained).
- Guests will be required to wear facemasks when entering the front desk office. Facemasks are not required when in the pool areas or on the beach as long as social distancing is maintained.
- We ask that all parties observe social distancing guidelines and maintain a distance of at least six feet from each other in all areas of the property.
Spacious, air conditioned and comfortable, our reliable transport shuttles will take you through the Costa Rican countryside and have you at Tulemar Resort ready for your vacation!
Our check-in process is seamless and exclusive, with only one party allowed in the office at a time. We are taking all precautions necessary for social distancing and sanitizing at our front desk.
- Only one (1) guest is permitted in the front desk office at any given time.
- Masks are mandatory at the front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the office.
- All touch points in reception area are frequently sanitized.
- Room keys are cleaned between each guest.
- Guest belongings, such as luggage, will not be touched by staff.
As always, the cleanliness of our accommodations is a top priority. Our housekeeping team is dedicated to the highest levels of sanitation. We continue to use the best cleaning products on the market and have invested in state-of-the-art cleaning technology, like ultra low-volume fogging machines, to eliminate all microorganisms from our guest rooms.
- Every room will have a grace period for cleaning before the next guest check-in.
- After checkout, rooms will not be entered for a minimum of three (3) hours to ensure the safety of our staff.
- Guests have the option of no housekeeping during their stay, linen service only or daily housekeeping while the guest is outside of their unit.
- Extra cleanliness checks are performed upon guest check-in.
- All housekeeping employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, and aprons.
- All glassware, flatware, and appliances in guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- All touch points in guest rooms are sanitized, including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- Towels and linens are washed with hospital-grade detergents at high temperature.
Enjoy delicious, unique Costa Rican dishes created by our chefs in a socially-distant environment. We have modified both of our restaurants to support social distancing parameters and sanitize tables and chairs between each guest’s use. Whether you pop in for lunch before heading out on your next adventure or stay awhile for a romantic evening, the dining possibilities are endless at Tulemar!
- Tule Café Restaurant and Victoria’s Gourmet Italian Restaurant is operating at half capacity.
- Servers are required to wear face masks.
- All tables are thoroughly sanitized between guest’s use.
- All flatware and cutlery are thoroughly sanitized in commercial grade dishwashers.
- Restaurant and bar seating is arranged to follow social distancing for all meals and cocktail service.
- Reservations are required for dinner and seating will be limited during other meal service times.
- Masks may be removed once seated, if leaving the table for any reason, guests are required to don their masks.
- Condiments, such as salt and pepper, hot sauce, and ketchup are available upon request.
- Menus are available online or on a limited number of laminated copies, which are thoroughly disinfected between uses.
- High-touch points are regularly sanitized during meal services.
- Room service is available.
The spa services offered at Tulemar Resort will help guests relax and rejuvenate in the heart of the Manuel Antonio jungle. Guests may enjoy our spa services in the privacy of their rooms or in the relaxation area located near our adults only pool. From deep-tissue massages and body scrubs to facials and wraps, we have a plethora of treatments to choose from. Spa treatments are only available by appointment.
- Spa services are limited as we adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Guest occupancy at the spa lobby is limited to two persons at any one time.
- All high-touch points are sanitized frequently.
- Advanced bookings are required.
- Digital menu options are available.
Award-winning Tulemar Beach is located at the base of our 33-acre property. With a stunning stretch of sand surrounded by vibrant jungle and brilliant blue waters, Tulemar Beach is an idyllic escape. Our dedicated staff are happy to provide you with extra towels, tropical beverages, or anything else you might need. Close your eyes and let the sea breeze wash your worries away!
- Beach loungers are sanitized frequently.
- Food and beverage service is still operating with COVID-19 guidelines in place.
- Boogie boards and kayaks are sanitized between uses.
- Our shuttle is sanitized frequently, our drivers wear appropriate PPE, and we have reduced the number of occupants in the shuttle.
At Tulemar Resort, we are lucky to be situated amid some of the most beautiful natural wonders Costa Rica has to offer. Let us take you on a tour to explore the land and sea of Manuel Antonio.
When your vacation is over, checking out will be a seamless experience. From the Tulemar Resort family, take care, and we’ll see you again soon!
- Room keys are deposited in a secure drop box located outside of the office. They are then thoroughly sanitized prior their next use.
- Room receipts are emailed to guests so that check-out is contactless.
The health and wellness of our Tulemar Resort family and the community at large is imperative. Our dedicated team has been trained in all new safety protocol so they, along with our guests, stay safe.
- We are receiving ongoing training from industry professionals and health officials, which we relay to all employees.
- Staff are provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including high quality non-surgical masks.
- Staying home if sick is mandatory, and staff will need to submit to a COVID-19 test before returning to work.
*Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all of the information provided on this page is subject to change without notice.