Costa Rica is now open to international travel, and in consultation with government and local health organizations, we have implemented numerous enhanced measures to ensure a safe and relaxing stay for our guests.
We invite you learn more about those initiatives below. In addition, we encourage you to review the options for onsite COVID testing, as well as Costa Rica’s current entry requirements.
We appreciate your support, and look forward to welcoming you back to Tulemar Resort soon!
Pre-Flight Testing Requirements for Re-Entry into the USA
The United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) recently issued an order requiring incoming airline passengers to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than three (3) days before their international flight departs.
All passengers 2 years and older are required to be tested.
Guest may choose from three convenient testing options prior to departing from the Tulemar Resort Hotel:
Location: on-site at Tulemar Resort Hotel, Tulemar Gardens, Provincia de Puntarenas, Quepos, Costa Rica
Cost: $150 USD per person
Test Type: PCR (nasal swab test)
Service provider: Quepos Urgent Care
Results: provided through email within 48 hours
Location: Quepos Metropolitano Clinic, Paseo del Mar, Provincia de Puntarenas, Quepos, Costa Rica
Cost: $113-$115 USD per person
Test Type: PCR (nasal swab test)
Service provider: Quepos Metropolitano Clinic
Results: provided through email within 48 hours
Location: Quepos Urgent Care, Avenida 4 297, Provincia de Puntarenas, Quepos, Costa Rica
Cost: $70 per person
Test Type: Antigen (nasal swab test)
Service Provider: Quepos Urgent Care
Results: provided through email within 24 hours
Options 1, 2, and 3 can be arranged through our concierge at time of check-in or during your stay.
All testing options listed above meet the required CDC documentation. If you need further information, please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html.
Costa Rica Entry Guidelines
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, all visitors to Costa Rica are subject to new government COVID-19 regulations and guidelines during the current stage of the phased reopening. For a comprehensive list of entry requirements from the Costa Rican government, please visit their website:
All visitors to Costa Rica are required to complete a digital form called a Health Pass 48 hours before boarding your plane. This form contains a section of legal terms that visitors are required to read and accept. It must be completed by every person on the trip, including minors. The form’s information is only be used by the Costa Rican government and has no association with Tulemar Resort. You can find the form here: https://salud.go.cr/
Beginning August 1, 2021, Costa Rica will no longer require a health insurance policy for minors under the age of 18, and for adults who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To qualify, adults must provide a document proving they have received one of the four approved vaccines, with the last shot administered 14 days before entering Costa Rica. Please note that for U.S. visitors, the COVID-19 vaccination record card meets the requirement.
Travel insurance for unvaccinated travelers can also be purchased from your preferred provider, as long as the policy meets the following conditions:
* Valid for the entire stay in Costa Rica (coverage dates).
* $50,000 USD for medical expenses, including those from COVID-19.
* $2,000 USD for lodging expenses in the event of COVID-19 quarantine.
Details of your travel insurance must be submitted as part of your Costa Rica Health Pass application.
Start Your Vacation!
Once your entry requirement have been fulfilled and you arrive in Costa Rica it is time to start your vacation!
The well-being of our guests has always been of the utmost importance for Tulemar Resort, and as such, we have undertaken significant efforts to ensure that your vacation will be as relaxing and worry-free as always.
Set in 33-acres of Tulemar Gardens, Tulemar Resort is nestled in a lush rainforest overlooking the world-renowned Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort offers incredible gardens, a myriad walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the only exclusive sandy beach in the region. While there is plenty of room to spread out and enjoy the many resort amenities, we encourage all guests to practice social distancing throughout the entirety of your vacation. Masks are required in all public areas of our property. However, they are not required on the beach, at the pools or while dining, as long as social distancing is maintained.
- Guests will be required to wear facemasks when entering the front desk office. Facemasks are not required when in the pool areas or on the beach as long as social distancing is maintained.
- We ask that all parties observe social distancing guidelines and maintain a distance of at least six feet from each other in all areas of the property.
Spacious, air conditioned and comfortable, our reliable transport shuttles will take you through the Costa Rican countryside and have you at Tulemar Resort ready for your vacation!
Our check-in process is seamless and exclusive, with only one party allowed in the office at a time. We are taking all precautions necessary for social distancing and sanitizing at our front desk.
- Only one (1) guest is permitted in the front desk office at any given time.
- Masks are mandatory at the front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the office.
- All touch points in reception area are frequently sanitized.
- Room keys are cleaned between each guest.
- Guest belongings, such as luggage, will not be touched by staff.
As always, the cleanliness of our accommodations is a top priority. Our housekeeping team is dedicated to the highest levels of sanitation. We continue to use the best cleaning products on the market and have invested in state-of-the-art cleaning technology, like ultra low-volume fogging machines, to eliminate all microorganisms from our guest rooms.
- Every room will have a grace period for cleaning before the next guest check-in.
- After checkout, rooms will not be entered for a minimum of three (3) hours to ensure the safety of our staff.
- Guests have the option of no housekeeping during their stay, linen service only or daily housekeeping while the guest is outside of their unit.
- Extra cleanliness checks are performed upon guest check-in.
- All housekeeping employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, and aprons.
- All glassware, flatware, and appliances in guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- All touch points in guest rooms are sanitized, including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- Towels and linens are washed with hospital-grade detergents at high temperature.
Enjoy delicious, unique Costa Rican dishes created by our chefs in a socially-distant environment. We have modified both of our restaurants to support social distancing parameters and sanitize tables and chairs between each guest’s use. Whether you pop in for lunch before heading out on your next adventure or stay awhile for a romantic evening, the dining possibilities are endless at Tulemar!
- Tule Café Restaurant and Victoria’s Gourmet Italian Restaurant is operating at half capacity.
- Servers are required to wear face masks.
- All tables are thoroughly sanitized between guest’s use.
- All flatware and cutlery are thoroughly sanitized in commercial grade dishwashers.
- Restaurant and bar seating is arranged to follow social distancing for all meals and cocktail service.
- Reservations are required for dinner and seating will be limited during other meal service times.
- Masks may be removed once seated, if leaving the table for any reason, guests are required to don their masks.
- Condiments, such as salt and pepper, hot sauce, and ketchup are available upon request.
- Menus are available online or on a limited number of laminated copies, which are thoroughly disinfected between uses.
- High-touch points are regularly sanitized during meal services.
- Room service is available.
The spa services offered at Tulemar Resort will help guests relax and rejuvenate in the heart of the Manuel Antonio jungle. Guests may enjoy our spa services in the privacy of their rooms or in the relaxation area located near our adults only pool. From deep-tissue massages and body scrubs to facials and wraps, we have a plethora of treatments to choose from. Spa treatments are only available by appointment.
- Spa services are limited as we adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Guest occupancy at the spa lobby is limited to two persons at any one time.
- All high-touch points are sanitized frequently.
- Advanced bookings are required.
- Digital menu options are available.
Award-winning Tulemar Beach is located at the base of our 33-acre property. With a stunning stretch of sand surrounded by vibrant jungle and brilliant blue waters, Tulemar Beach is an idyllic escape. Our dedicated staff are happy to provide you with extra towels, tropical beverages, or anything else you might need. Close your eyes and let the sea breeze wash your worries away!
- Beach loungers are sanitized frequently.
- Food and beverage service is still operating with COVID-19 guidelines in place.
- Boogie boards and kayaks are sanitized between uses.
- Our shuttle is sanitized frequently, our drivers wear appropriate PPE, and we have reduced the number of occupants in the shuttle.
At Tulemar Resort, we are lucky to be situated amid some of the most beautiful natural wonders Costa Rica has to offer. Let us take you on a tour to explore the land and sea of Manuel Antonio.
When your vacation is over, checking out will be a seamless experience. From the Tulemar Resort family, take care, and we’ll see you again soon!
- Room keys are deposited in a secure drop box located outside of the office. They are then thoroughly sanitized prior their next use.
- Room receipts are emailed to guests so that check-out is contactless.
The health and wellness of our Tulemar Resort family and the community at large is imperative. Our dedicated team has been trained in all new safety protocol so they, along with our guests, stay safe.
- We are receiving ongoing training from industry professionals and health officials, which we relay to all employees.
- Staff are provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including high quality non-surgical masks.
- Staying home if sick is mandatory, and staff will need to submit to a COVID-19 test before returning to work.
*Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all of the information provided on this page is subject to change without notice.