Dear Tulemar Resort Hotel Guests,
The past few weeks have been extraordinary as our world faces historic challenges with the COVID-19 pandemic. Amid all the stress and uncertainty it’s never been more important to stay connected to one another in order to keep you informed about what is happening at the Tulemar Resort Hotel and Costa Rica in general.
As the situation around coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure you have a safe and healthy stay with us and/or provide flexibility in support of your travel plans if you wish to postpone your visit.
The Hotel remains open serving a few guests that decided it was better to stay here in beautiful Manuel Antonio and shelter in the fresh air of our coastal town. In Costa Rica, as of March 23, there are 134 reported cases of Coronavirus and 2 deaths, but no cases reported in Quepos/Manuel Antonio.
The government of Costa Rica has closed its borders from March 12, 2020 until April 12, 2020 to minimize the spread of the virus from outside the country. Most airlines are showing renewed flights after the April 12 date, however like everything associated with this virus, this may be subject to change.
Prioritizing Your Travel Safety
The safety and security of our guests and team members continues to remain our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining very high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities including the World Health Organization to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our Hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings from health officials and we are enhancing operating protocols to be as clean and hygienic as possible.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas with the use of disinfectants to every two hours (including reception tables and chairs, door handles, public bathrooms, our restaurants etc.)
- Our main restaurant will only be serving room service for breakfast and will be open for lunch between 12pm and 4pm and dinner between 4pm and 8pm. The restaurant will be closed after dinner service ends at 8pm. Of course, room service will be available for all meals. Tables in the restaurant will be situated far enough apart to ensure proper social distancing.
- We now have alcohol gel, disinfecting wipes and disinfecting spray on each point of sale, common area and in our vans.
For Your Travel Flexibility
As a small resort hotel in beautiful Costa Rica we are committed to offering you flexible re-booking options. Given these unique circumstances resulting from this virus, we are adjusting our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Existing Reservations. All reservations that are scheduled for arrival before May 15, 2020, can be changed and postponed for up to 1 year from your date of arrival at no additional charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. Guests that elect to postpone their current reservation will be issued a credit towards their future stay in the amount that was paid. We do require written notification of any cancellation requests, please email: [email protected]
- New Reservations. Any reservation you make that is booked between March 23, 2020 and May 15, 2020, for any future arrival date, can be changed and postponed for up to 1 year from your date of arrival at no additional charge up to 30 days before your scheduled arrival. Guests that elect to postpone their current reservation will be issued a credit towards their future stay in the amount that was paid. We do require written notification of any cancellation requests, please email: [email protected]
If you need to adjust reservations made with the hotel or the hotel’s online booking engines, for the fastest response, please email our reservations department at [email protected]. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel agent, please contact them for assistance.
We at the Tulemar Resort Hotel believe it is in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed more than ever. Whenever you arrive, now or at some future date, rest assured that you will be welcomed with our hallmark degree of hospitality and we will make every effort to ensure you have a fun and healthy stay with us.
In the meantime, we have put together a “virtual vacation” of beautiful photos you can download and use as a screen saver or just to look at and dream about as we take shelter and wait until the world overcomes this virus.
Pura Vida will return!
The Tulemar Resort Hotel